Title 1: GENERAL PROVISIONS (Click Here)
- 10.01 Title of code
- 10.02 Interpretation
- 10.03 Application to future ordinances
- 10.04 Captions
- 10.05 Definitions
- 10.06 Rules of interpretation
- 10.07 Severability 10.08 Reference to other sections
- 10.09 Reference to offices
- 10.10 Errors and omissions
- 10.11 Official time
- 10.12 Reasonable time
- 10.13 Ordinances repealed
- 10.14 Effective date of ordinances
- 10.15 Certain ordinances not affected by code
- 10.16 Repeal or modification of ordinance
- 10.17 Ordinances which amend or supplement code
- 10.18 Unauthorized alterations or tampering with code
- 10.19 Section histories; statutory references
- 10.99 General penalty
§ 10.01 TITLE OF CODE.
This codification of ordinances by and for the City of Garrett shall be designated as the Code of Garrett and may be so cited.
§ 10.02 INTERPRETATION.
Unless otherwise provided herein, or by law or implication required, the same rules of construction, definition and application shall govern the interpretation of this code as those governing the interpretation of state law.
§ 10.03 APPLICATION TO FUTURE ORDINANCES.
All provisions of Title I compatible with future legislation, shall apply to ordinances hereafter adopted amending or supplementing this code unless otherwise specifically provided.