Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up! For the next several Wednesdays, the Recycling Center located at 109 N Cowen St will be open from 4-6PM as a trial to see if a different time will work better for everyone.
For those who feel like they may need to talk to someone about their mental health and well being , here is a number to call for assistance. This is a 24-hour mental health service. 1-800-790-0118.
For more help : Bowen Center 1-800-342-5653
Mathis Institute 260-582-2231
Northeastern Center 260-925-2453
Please call if you feel like you are struggling and for your peace of mind.
Just a quick heads up! On Wednesday the 100 block of East King St. will be closed for gas line maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and do appreciate your understanding.
To all residents; starting on Monday Sept 12, 2022, the city will be revitalizing / repaving more of our roadways with the $577,342.50 CCMG grant we got approved. We apologize for any inconveniences this may bring you, but it is just for a short time period. We ask that all residents within the projected areas being paved, to not park on the streets if you can. You will be allowed to park anywhere on your property without getting any citations.
Any questions, concerns or issues during this timeframe, we ask that you contact City Hall.
In case of a non-emergency, to reach any Garrett utility, please dial: 260.357.5151 or Central Dispatch if needed at 260.333.7911. For Emergencies, call 911, Thank You.
Whether you are searching for more information on snow emergencies, boil water advisories, or leaf and brush pick-up dates you can find out more here!
- Downtown Facade Grant Application
- Fireworks Ordinance
- Burn Ordinance
- City of Garrett Snow Removal Policy
- Drive Through Recycle; Marv A. Hall Recycle Center, 121 N Cowen St. Hrs.: Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Friday 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Saturday 8:00 – 12 Noon
- Report an Electric Outage 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday 260-357-4400 After business hours: 260-357-5151 and press “1” to be connected to DeKalb County Central Dispatch.
- 24 Hour Drop Off Recycling, Located at 400 E. Quincy Street